Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard won’t play

Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard won’t play 4 years 5 months ago #154144

• zhangzk
  • Premium Member
Thursday because of the broken thumb he suffered in practice Chuma Edoga Jersey , but he said he’ll be ready when it matters.Via Stefan Bondy of the, Shepard said he was �?95 to 100 percent�? sure he’d be ready for the regular season.For the time being, he’s practicing in a yellow non-contact jersey, though sometimes he forgets.“If I hit it real hard, it reminds me that it’s broken,�? Shepard said. “But I try to catch it just with one hand and keep it at that. But instincts kick in from time to time.“It’s pretty tough. You’re used to throwing two hands up. I’m not Odell. He naturally can throw up one hand. I don’t naturally do that so I have to hold myself back from time to time. But it’s a good way to work on my right hand, I guess.”Without Odell Beckham, the Giants are counting on Shepard carrying the weight of the receiving corps, since Golden Tate will miss the first four games with a PED suspension. So until Shepard’s thumb heals and he’s ready to do it with two hands Trevon Wesco Jersey , they’re going to have to wait and hope. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey plans to play in the Pro Bowl despite a lingering knee issue.Ramsey said Wednesday he has a bone bruise in his right knee, an injury that first became public when the third-year pro was limited in practice on Oct. 11.“With a bruise, you just have to rest and not do anything for it to get better,” Ramsey said. “It is a bone bruise. It still hurts now, but the trainers have told me after the season to rest for like a week and a half or two weeks and it will be good.”Since the Jaguars (4-10) won’t be in the playoffs, Ramsey expects to have time to heal before the Pro Bowl on Jan. 27 in nearby Orlando.Ramsey has started 46 consecutive games since being drafted fifth overall in the 2016 NFL draft and hasn’t missed a game because of injury since his sophomore year in high school. He was suspended for a preseason game in August.“I love the game of football, so any opportunity I get to play I want to play with a lot of heart and a lot of passion,” Ramsey said. “I think a lot of guys in this locker room are the exact same. Being able to play football is truly a privilege we have been blessed with by God with all our talents and our skills.“If you have an opportunity Shareef Miller Jersey , you don’t want to go out there and waste it.”Ramsey was the only Jacksonville player voted to the Pro Bowl, a significant drop from having six defenders make the team last year. The Jags still could have a few more added as alternates, including linebacker Myles Jack and defensive ends Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue.Ramsey became the third defender in franchise history to make multiple Pro Bowls, joining John Henderson and Marcus Stroud, and the first Jacksonville player since running back Maurice Jones-Drew (2009-11) to make consecutive Pro Bowls.“It is super special, back to back,” Ramsey said. “It was a goal coming into the year to be the best I can. This is a step in that direction. This season has not gone how I would have liked it to go. This is a positive end to the end of the season.”Ramsey has 57 tackles, 11 pass breakups and three interceptions this season while shadowing some of the toughest receivers in the league — Odell Beckham, Tyreek Hill Zach Brown Jersey , Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins and T.Y. Hilton. Ramsey noted that his stats picked up at the end of his first two seasons, pointing out that four of his nine career interceptions have come in December, which makes him eager for the final two games against Miami (7-7) and Houston (10-4).Coach Doug Marrone praised Ramsey for playing through pain.“It’s a credit to him that people felt like he was earning of it, and I believe so,” Marrone said. “He is a guy that’s been out there every Sunday, plays through injury and we match him up on the top guys.”
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds